COSMA (The Control Panel & Switchgear Manufacturers Association)
COSMA is headquartered in Mumbai with members from all the major centres of India. COSMA is a non-trading, non-profit making body managed by professionals with long experience in the field of Control Panel and Switchgear Manufacturing.
Objectives of COSMA
COSMA in Bangalore
Taking on the challenge of bringing Panel Builders and Switchgear Manufacturers in Bangalore together to localize these objectives, COSMA Bangalore Centre was born in February 2007. The ball was set rolling by the duo of Mr. Satish Kazi, Chairman Emeritus, and Mr. Soeb Fatehi, Director and Editor COSMA NEWS. They were ably supported by Mr. D.R.Rao, President and Mr. Savla, Secretary along with many more.
Mr. Ramani, MD of Load Controls took up the mantle of responsibility to see COSMA Bangalore Centre through and has since been co-opted as a Director on the National Board of COSMA. Mr. Babu of S.B.Enterprises has taken up the Chairmanship of the Membership Drive Committee and Mr. Divaker of Balaji Electro Controls took on the Chairmanship of the Picnic Committee. Mr.Satyanarayana of M/s. Venson Electric Company has also been co-opted as a Director for Cosma. Involvement is gathering steam and COSMA unity is bound to spread to other parts of India too and the magic is very much in the air.
- COSMA jointly organises technical seminars with manufacturers of switchgear and other products on a regular basis. This helps members to gain technical knowledge and also interact with manufacturers and each other.
- COSMA organizes training programs and workshops in technical, design, engineering, quality assurance for members.
- Two fellowship meetings per year including the Annual General Meeting are organized.
- COSMA publishes COSMA NEWS a bi-monthly bulletin that carries a variety of articles n technical subjects. Articles on commercial aspects of business, Sales Tax, Excise Duty, Income Tax, Service Tax, Works Contract Tax, VAT are also published. The bulletin also covers contemporary subjects like email, internet etc. COSMA NEWS is sent to members and to the Electrical Fraternity on a complimentary basis. At present 2300 copies are circulated with an average readership of over 7000. At every ELECRAMA, a special edition is published with a print order of 10,000 copies.
- COSMA also organizes soft skills training, management, and ISO workshops for members.
- COSMA plans to undertake a number of other activities in course of time.